Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Benjamin Button

I really liked this movie. I've always kind of liked Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, but loved them in this film. I did have a few problems with some of the directoral and writing choices. The hummingbird thing -- didn't get it. Benjamin leaving Daisy while they were so close in age -- didn't get that either. I get that he wanted to give the baby a father to grow up with, not really having had one of his own -- but I still don't agree. If it had come when Daisy looked much older and people were thinking she was a lech or whatever it would've been called back then, yeah I get it. Unlike many of the critics I found no problem with the Katrina stuff -- it was real life and so much of that life had taken place in New Orleans.

On a side note: Movies in Oz are darn expensive and the concession food isn't much cheaper. They're pretty blatant about bringing in food from home so I guess the theater's don't have too much of a problem with it. But it the theater I go to in Woden has lovely seats with step down seating so even if a tall guy sits in front of me I have no problem seeing, yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment